Friday 13 June 2014

IT'S GO TIME ON THE GREAT DIVIDE!

Friday June 13, 2014
I spent the last 6 months planning and preparing and the last three on my travels here to and in Banff tweaking everything and going over things again and again! I am squirming to start the 4418km 'underground' race called the Tour Divide from Banff to Mexico.

There are 130 cyclists and adventurists taking on the challenge each with different reasons, purpose, expectations, goals, gear, personality, and fitness levels. I am in the YMCA Mountain lodge in. Dorm room with. Fellow from New Zealand, one from Japan, and another from the USA. We also had two young hikers, one from Belgium and Germany.

Presently it is 4:30am and I am writing as the other guys in the room are starting to awake to prepare for the long road ahead. We gather here in front of the Y at 7:30am, get last minute instructions on trail conditions, take a group photo, then bike 10 minutes up the road to the trailhead to start at 8am sharp.

You can follow along at trackleaders.com . I've also posted info and pics on Facebook.

Off we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment